In 1850, the priest Chiko recorded his survey of the 28 sutra mounds of Katsuragi in an effort to revitalize Katsuragi Shugen. Izumiya Tobee of Osaka published the work at the end of the Edo Period (mid 19th century) and presented it to Inunakisan Shipporyu-ji Temple. The book sought to define the names and locations of sutra mounds and training sites, which had been fluid until that time, through a series of comparative hypotheses. The work is a valuable material that offers detailed descriptions of the practices of Katsuragi Shugen. Shipporyu-ji Temple keeps the woodblock-printed work to this day.
Shipporyu-ji Temple main hall 072-459-7101
8 Ogi, Izumisano-shi, Osaka Prefecture (Shipporyu-ji Temple)
20 min. drive from Kaminogo IC on Kansai-kuko Expressway (Shipporyu-ji Temple)
Free (Shipporyu-ji Temple)
7:30 to 16:30 (Shipporyu-ji Temple)
Open year-round (Shipporyu-ji Temple)
50 spaces (Shipporyu-ji Temple)